The real price of Petrol and Diesel
This is an email forward from my sister Mehernaaz…who received this as a forward from a friend.
“Over the weekend, I filled up my car’s fuel tank, and I thought fuel has become really expensive after the recent price hike. But then I compared it with other common liquids and did some quick calculations, and I felt a little better.
To know why, see the results below – you’ll be surprised at how outrageous some other prices are!
Diesel (regular) in Mumbai: Rs.36.08 per liter and Petrol (speed) in Mumbai: Rs.52 per liter
- Coca Cola 330 ml can: Rs.20 = Rs.61 per liter
- Dettol antiseptic 100 ml Rs.20 = Rs.200 per liter
- Radiator coolant 500 ml Rs.160 = Rs.320 per litre
- Pantene conditioner 400 ml Rs.165 = Rs.413 per litre
- Medicinal mouthwash like Listerine 100 ml Rs.45 = Rs. 450 per litre
- Red Bull 150 ml can: Rs.75 = Rs.500 per litre
- Corex cough syrup 100 ml Rs.57 = Rs. 570 per litre
- Evian water 500 ml Rs. 330 = Rs. 660 per liter (Rs. 500 + for a liter of WATER???!!! And the buyers don’t even know the source (Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)
- Kores whiteout 15 ml Rs. 15 = Rs. 1000 per liter
- Cup of coffee at any decent business hotel 150 ml Rs. 175 = Rs. 1167 per litre
- Old Spice after shave lotion 100 ml Rs. 175 = Rs. 1750 per litre
- Pure almond oil 25 ml Rs. 68 = Rs. 2720 per liter
And this is the REAL KICKER…
- HP deskjet colour ink cartridge 21 ml Rs.1900 = Rs. 90,476 per litre!!! Now you know why computer printers are so cheap? So they have you hooked for the ink!
So, the next time you’re at the pump, don’t curse our honorable Petroleum minister â€“ just be glad your car doesn’t run on cough syrup, after shave, coffee, or God forbid, printer ink!